Buyers looking for a house pay a lot of attention to the size of the rooms. If your house is not too big, these are some tricks you can use to your advantage:
- Keep clutter to a minimum. The best way to make any room seem more spacious is by keeping decorations and personal belongings at a minimum. Don't forget to remove everything from the floor.
- Use mirrors to make your room seem bigger. A large wall mirror will make the room expand. Place it strategically and it will reflect a lot of light or a scenic view from the outside. If your room is narrow, place a mirror on the long side, and your room will appear wider.
- Color is also important very important. Using one color for two adjacent rooms can make the space look more open.
- One of the trickiest rooms to decorate is the bedroom, probably because it has the function of both a sleeping room and a dressing room. Buyers pay particular attention to the bedrooms. The bed needs to be the major piece of furniture. You can also optimize your closet space by using space saving components, so that there are fewer objects around.
- Avoid hanging too many things on walls and doors, since they will make the room appear overcrowded.
- Talk to an exterior designer to get more ideas.